Wondering if now is a good time to sell your house? Continue reading to learn some of the pros and cons for listing your home in the winter vs. waiting until spring.
What are some of the advantages of selling a house in the spring/summer?
Many Johnson County, KS home owners choose to list their home for sale in the spring or summer because of the volume of buyers out looking for homes during that time. The weather is warmer and you don’t have to worry about moving in the snow as you would in the winter. Families with school age children sometimes prefer to move in the spring or summer so they can be settled in their new home before the next school year begins. If you’re needing to purchase a home in addition to selling your current house, you’ll likely have more homes to choose from in the warmer months than in the winter due to the higher volume of home owners that choose to sell in the spring & summer.
What are the advantages of listing a house for sale in the winter?
- Fewer homes are on the market, which means your house has less competition vs waiting until the spring rush.
- Houses are selling quickly when priced correctly.
- Serious buyers are out looking for homes NOW. Life and job changes happen at all times of the year and the most serious buyers are searching for their new home now.
- Home values are UP! Contact me for a FREE comparative market analysis and find out how much your home might be worth!
- Interest rates are very low. A lower interest rate will allow you to afford more house for your money if financing your next home purchase.
- The market is HOT HOT HOT. As of 1/11/21, if no additional houses in Overland Park were to be listed for sale than what’s currently available (single family homes $500,000 or less), there are only enough houses on the market to supply 5 days! These are incredible stats- there are not enough houses for sale to keep up with the number of buyers looking for homes.
Beat the spring rush of homes going on the market and list your house in the winter if you’re ready! If you decide to wait until spring to sell, start preparing your house now, as well as thinking of where you want to move to when you do sell.
Call or text me at 913.449.2827 and let’s chat about how you can get the best price when selling your house and how I can help you beat out the competition when buying your next home!