Sar-Ko Aglow is one of THE BEST walk-through Christmas lights displays in the Kansas City Area! Sar-Ko Aglow is located in Lenexa, Kansas at Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park on west 87th Street Parkway & Lackman Road. During the 2020-2021 season, the lights were are on at dusk from December 4, 2020 – January 10, 2021. The 2021 – 2022 schedule will be announced later in the year.
Some fun things to do at Sar-Ko Aglow:
- Bring along some hot cocoa
- Stroll around Rose’s Pond for beautiful views of the lights
- Sneak a peek of Santa, Mrs. Claus and Frosty the Snowman’s Family in the little house close to the playgrounds
- Snuggle up with a loved one in the Gazebo
- Check out the sea serpent in the lake
- Search for hidden painted rocks
- Bring your sled to slide down the hill after a recent snow
- Photograph your favorite spots at the park
A few tips:
- To avoid crowds, try visiting right at dusk, during a Chiefs game, on a cold evening, or after Christmas.
- The lights on the gazebo are especially pretty after it snows.
- An additional entrance to Sar-Ko-Par Trails is available at the Foundry Church, which is just south of the park, south of 87th. ST & Lackman.
- This park is stroller and wheelchair friendly with paved areas to travel around the lake.
We hope you enjoy the video of Sar-Ko Aglow and check out the Christmas lights display in person!
For more holiday fun in the Kansas City Area: